Question (Global Labor Regime)
Essay Proposal (Global Labor Regime)
Term Paper Proposal (Global Labor Regime)
Your topic should be taken from any of the topics covered in the course to date. You can develop a theoretical paper examining the nature of globalization, or you can develop an issue raised in the course such as the global labor regime or anti-globalization, or you can develop a detailed analysis of any of the films we have covered in class.
Topic-Global Labor Regime.
It is not a standard research paper. The focus should be on course materials. You have readings and supplemental readings to draw from. Focus on those. Your essay should have zero additional sources from outside the course. Use of external sources is only allowed with permission of the course instructor.
To this end, you need to include the following elements in your proposal:
- Provisional title
- Explanation of the research question (0.5 pages)
- Annotated bibliography
- Conclusion with a provisional thesis statement (one or two paragraphs)
- Develop a title. It will change. Be specific. Use the title to capture what is important about your proposed essay.
- The research question builds from the topic or issue that you choose to develop. Answer the following questions for this section:
- Why this topic/issue/theme/concept? What were the reasons for choosing this topic?
- What were the key sources that helped you to frame or orient the question you want to raise? You can treat this as a bit of a diary charting your path through the course materials and leading to the question that you want to pose.
- Use the guide from Purdue.edu in writing your annotations. The link is below.
- Your summary should include at least one direct quote taken from the source.
- Your annotation should include a full bibliographic citation.
- You need 3 annotations for your assignment. You can use one video for an annotation. Each annotation should be 2-3 paragraphs and no more than one page in length. Put each annotation on a separate page.
4.Your conclusion should state the objective of your proposal, a synthesis of your annotations to show how they connect, and a provisional thesis statement: what is it that you will argue in your paper?
- Use Chicago Manual Style citations only.
- Include your name, student #, the date, & course number on the top left of the 1st
- Double space your work.
- Insert a header or footer with your name and the page number.
- Use Times New Roman and a font size of 11 or 12, and standard margins.
Your work will be graded on the following criteria:
- The conciseness of your topic/research question.
- The development of a quality working thesis to guide your research.
- The relevance and articulation of the sources you selected to your research question.
- The quality of your annotations and thesis.
SO OUR TOPIC IS – Global Labor Regime.
I will send you the all reading , video link , slides for this topic . you can only use that course material which i will send you . It is not a standard research paper. The focus should be on course materials. You have readings and supplemental readings to draw from. Focus on those. Your essay should have zero additional sources from outside the course. Use of external sources is only allowed with permission of the course instructor.
I attached the two readings for this essay which are Clothing and Jenny chan & Pun Ngai 2010 , sucide as protest for the new generation of chinese migrant workers. Use these readings for essays , please provide in – text citation , footnotes and reference .
I also give the video link , it is Made in Bangladesh and link is Made in Bangladesh – the fifth estate , use it for essay and give footnotes , reference of it too . Link for vedio is https://youtu.be/onD5UOP5z_
Then I attached the lecture slides and also used that for an essay and gave footnotes and references for that material.
I attached the SOCL ESSAY 2 DOCS which has all instruction for this essay.
Solution (Global Labor Regime)
Global Labor Regime Rooted on Exploitation of Cheap Labor
Corporate outsourcing has become a common practice for many global corporations especially because of a financial reason where the fracturing cost in other countries, particularly the developing ones, is significantly lower. The production in such countries is often lowered as a result of low wages and poor labor conditions for the workers. Therefore, is the global labor regime based on substandard wages and working conditions worth the benefits it brings to these large corporations? Due to the strictly enforced labor laws in developed countries, particularly in the US and most European countries, it can sometimes be challenging for Americans to realize the desolate and extreme conditions workers face in developing countries where they are consumers of some of these products. After the reviews of Bangladesh, China, and Sri Lanka, especially from the fifth estate documentary, “Made in Bangladesh” on CBC News and Jenny and Ngai’s article about the suicides at Foxconn facilities in China, I chose this topic to show that workers are becoming victims as their lower wages and poor working conditions mean cheaper products.
The Fifth State. “Made in Bangladesh,” YouTube Video, 42:40, October 3, 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onD5UOP5z_c&t=7s
In this video, the fifth estate’s Mark Kelly is investigating how two major tragedies in Bangladesh, the collapse of Rana Plaza in Dhaka that claimed the lives of over a thousand people and the tragic fire accident in Tazreen fashions factory in Dhaka where more than 112 people lost their lives happened. According to this video, these tragedies were linked to Canadian clothing companies that were in search of lower manufacturing costs in Bangladesh in order to produce cheaper products for their consumers. As Barry Laxer, an owner of a clothing factory in Dhaka, states that he “needed to find a lower-cost manufacturing base” In Bangladesh in order to stay in business after the pressure of lower prices.
The investigation in this video found that the corporate outsourcing of Canadian fashion companies for cheaper products for Canadian consumers was at the cost of substandard wages and working conditions faced by workers in Bangladesh. Thus these findings, especially those that link the Canadian companies to the tragedies, will be useful in my research to show that some workers have become victims of the global labor regime based on the exploitation of low-paid workers……………for help with this assignment contact us via email Address: email@example.com