Develop, in detail, a situation in which a health care worker might be confronted with ethical problems related to patients and prescription drug use OR patients in a state of poverty.
- Your scenario must be original to you and this assignment. It cannot be from the discussion boards in this class or any other previous forum.
- Articulate (and then assess) the ethical solutions that can found using “care” (care-based ethics) and “rights” ethics to those problems.
- Assessment must ask if the solutions are flawed, practicable, persuasive, etc.
- What health care technology is involved in the situation?What moral guidelines for using that kind of healthcare technology should be used there? Explore such guidelines also using utilitarianism, Kantian deontology, ethical egoism, or social contract ethics.
- Say how social technologies such as blogs, crowdfunding, online encyclopedias can be used in either case. What moral guidelines for using that kind of healthcare technology should be used there? Develop such guidelines also using utilitarianism, Kantian deontology, ethical egoism, or social contract ethics.
You should not be using any text you used in a discussion board or assignment for this class or any previous class.
Cite the textbook and incorporate outside sources, including citations
Show Your Care
The overall welfare of a patient and the holistic approach to care are mean the concern for the guidelines for ethical issues in healthcare. Even though patient’s prosperity should be the main concern, some obstacles hinder it. This paper will outline the facet of care, specifically positive outcomes and the continuity of care, and how alternative solutions can be established.
A 45-year-old female patient with exacerbations from chronic kidney disease (CKD) is presented at the Emergency Room (ER). Besides having an outstanding balance of $3000 for the hospital, she has no insurance. However, she is in desperate need of dialysis treatment, and if the waste is not removed from the blood, she may suffer fatal consequences. Since she has visited the hospital frequently and due to her outstanding balance, healthcare professionals are only asked to give comfort care and prepare the patient for end-of-life care. Even though this puts the patient in a depressive state, and she claims that her two children are better off with her, the financial constraints discourage her, and she states that she is ready for end-of-life care. This prompted the nurse to look for alternative solutions for the patient’s treatment.
In this situation, the patient is ready for and accepts end-of-life care because her financial conditions have forced her …………for help with this assignment contact us via Email Address: email@example.com