For this assignment, you will watch three television shows and analyze them for verbal and physical violence portrayed in the show. Use the attached document “Content Analysis,” to complete the first part of the assignment.
Then, in 250-500 words, do the following:
- Describe what was discovered in this content analysis.
- State the findings of the study. Explain how the study is reliable and/or valid. Use the textbook to support your answer.
- Use the content categories from the tally sheet to explain how the three programs differ from each other in relation to violence.
- Copy and paste the tally sheet from “Content Analysis” below at the end of your paper so it is included it in your study.
PSY 452 – Experimental Psychology
Content Analysis Instructions
To better understand the concept of non-experimental designs, be sure to read all the assigned readings for this Topic before beginning the assignment:
- For this assignment, you will watch three television shows from the genres listed below and analyze them for verbal and physical violence portrayed in the show. Choose a show that fits the following genres:
- Situation comedy
- On the Tally Sheet template below, tally the number of times you see a mode of aggression on the selected program.
- Rate the overall violence using a 5-point scale from 1 (not at all violent) to 5 (extremely violent).
- Collapse your data within each program category.
- Determine the average number of acts per program hour for each mode of aggression.
- Determine the average violence for each program and compare the prominent modes of aggression across the programs.
|Length in Minutes
|Number of Acts involving: Violence to Body
|Use of Weapon
|Sarcasm or Symbolism
|Total number of Aggressive Acts
|Overall Violence Rate: 1 (none) to 5 (extremely violent)
Aggression is seen as violent or hostile behavior towards other people. Much research has been done on the negative consequences of television violence and aggressiveness, especially on children and adolescents. This non-experimental study entails observing aggressive acts in three different genres of television shows: situation comedy, cartoon and drama. The dependent variable, the number of violent acts, has been divided into five categories: body violence, the use of a weapon, physical threats, verbal threats and symbolic/joking aggressive references, which will be counted in one episode of each show.
The three televisions I watched were ……………for help with this assignment contact us via email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org